SMERF project (SME Ready for the Future)
According to the rapid progress, we already know that many companies will have to change their business models to stay competitive. They need to innovate to be prepared for a greener and more digital future. One way to cope with this challenge is to seek support from so-called innomediaries that function as innovation bridgers or change agents.
The SMERF project offers SMEs the guidance on working with innomediaries and the project partners will develop:
- InnoGreen market for transforming companies across Europe,
- innovative audit methodology,
- Inspirational Knowledge Base,
- SMERF Diagnosis Tool,
- SMERF Individual Support Program,
- many webinars, trainings and workshops providing companies the valuable knowledge for green and digital transformation.
For the University of Genoa (UniGe), the project is coordinated by Prof. Giovanni Berselli of the Department of Mechanical, Energy, Management and Transport Engineering, in close collaboration with Dr. Carlo Canali of the Italian Institute of Technology (IIT). IIT & UniGE will actively participate together with the other partners in all phases of the project and take a leading role in the development activities of the Individual Support Program and the drafting of the Handbook for SMERFs.
SMERF project is co-financed by the Interreg Central Europe programme and is set to run from April 2023 to March 2026. The project is being implemented by 8 partners from 7 countries (Poland, Italy, Austria, Germany, Croatia, Hungary and Slovakia).
- Project start date: 01/04/2023
- Project end date: 31/03/2026